Mini Thoughts

I have been so inspired by all the bloggers at Clear River, I decided to give it a try.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Evangelist update

I'm chomping at the bit to get started on this project, but there have been a few delays. First, the fabric I originally bought to stitch this on had a few problems. One, it wasn't quite big enough. And two, it had a lot of flaws in it, which would have made the stitching come out very uneven. So, I've had to special order some fabric, which will take a while to get.

The second delay is I'm having trouble finding a frame large enough for the fabric. This piece of fabric will be 30 inches x 25 inches, so I need a frame (the picture to the right is of a floor stand, which I also need, and a scroll frame). So far, all the commercial frames I've found have not been wide enough. So it looks like I'll have to make my own, which is no big deal really. Getting the floor stand also isn't a big deal, they have the one pictured at Michael's.

Once I have all the equipment I need, I can get started. In the mean time, it's not like I don't have something to keep me busy. I have several projects in the works, such as a 1" scale dollhouse, a crochet beaded purse I'm working on, (two, actually), a few other crochet projects, a roombox that's waiting for the final touches, and several (like about 20) smaller scale houses to put together as I want to make a quarter scale village, with landscaping and even possibly a train. Oh, and let's not forget that I work and I'm going to school. And, of course, my violin.

Once I'm going on the Evangelists I'll post pictures of my progress!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home